Monday, July 18, 2005

Memo to the Washington State Department of Health

One of the arguments in favor of legalized abortion came from doctors working in emergency rooms across America who saw injured and maimed women after attempting self-abortions or submitting themselves to illegal abortions.

Well, it turns out legal abortion isn't any safer or better than illegal abortion and the injuries are just as severe. An ER nurse posted these comments on Sound Politics last week in response to NARAL's Sc##w Abstinence party.

I cannot begin to recount how many young women (and some older ones too) have come into my ER for suicidal ideation because they had an abortion.

Don't anyone dare be so naive and stupid as to tell me that abortion is an easy and painless choice. None of the ladies I assessed were happy about the choice they made. They came with emotional damage, infections, hemorrhaging, and overwhelming self-loathing and anger.

Anyone care to guess the last time I had a patient who was suicidal, suffered from sepsis, or was bleeding to death out of her vagina because she practiced abstinence?

Still waiting... anyone?

That's right. Never.

So don't presume to spout pro-abortion and anti-abstinence bullsh*t in my immediate vicinity. I've met enough human wreckage courtesy of NARAL and lanned Parenthood to have developed an overwhelming desire to smack the everlovin' s**t out of these people for what they've done to so many women.

You can argue about viability all you want. I don't care about viability. I care about what this is doing to our daughters and sisters.

I don't imagine that these complications from legal abortion ever make it to the Washington State Department of Health where they are supposedly monitoring the "quality of service" and reporting on complications from abortion in the state.

No comments: