After meditating on the fourth sorrowful mystery, you meditate on the first 10 Stations of the Cross on each of the ten small beads. The 11th station is meditated together with the 5th Sorrowful Mystery on the large bead. Then meditate on the 7 Last Words of Christ on the first 7 small beads, followed by stations 12, 13 and 14 on the last 3 small beads.
It all fits together so beautifully and brings outs additional images of our Lord's suffering.
Here is how it goes:
1st Sorrowful Mystery – The Agony in the Garden
2nd Sorrowful Mystery – The Scourging at the Pillar
3rd Sorrowful Mystery – The Crowning with Thorns
4th Sorrowful Mystery – Christ Carrying the Cross
On the ten small beads meditate on the first 10 Stations of the Cross
1. Jesus Condemned to Death
2. Jesus Made to bear His Cross
3. Jesus falls the first time
4. Jesus meets His afflicted Mother
5. Simon of Cyrene helps carry the Cross
6. Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
7. Jesus falls the second time.
8. Jesus speaks to the women of Jerusalem
9. Jesus falls for the 3rd time
10. Jesus is stripped of His garments
5th Sorrowful Mystery – The Crucifixion (The 11th Station – Jesus is nailed to the Cross)
On the ten small beads meditate on the Last 7 Words of Christ and the Last 3 Stations of the Cross.
1. “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.”
2. “This day you will be with me in paradise.”
3. “Behold your son, behold your Mother.”
4. “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”
5. “I thirst.”
6. “It is finished.”
7. “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.”
8. Station 12 – Jesus Dies on the Cross
9. Station 13 – Jesus is taken down from the Cross and put into His Mother’s arms
10. Station 14 – The body of Jesus is placed into the tomb.