Monday, February 26, 2007
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Gov. Chris Gregoire has appointed a board member of NARAL Pro-Choice Washington to the state Board of Pharmacy.
This move pretty much confirms the fact that the Democrat party is a wholly owned subsidiary of the culture of death.
They also hate the Constitution,
"We will pass a law the revokes the license of any business that refuses to dispense medication based on ethical preferences," said Senator Karen Keiser.
A pharmacist on the state Board of Pharmacy that doesn't even know the fundamentals of human development and the female reproductive system. Eggs can't implant Vandana. That would be why you get your period every month. No need for Plan B.
But they sure love money,
She [Karen Cooper] reminded us that NARAL is the organization that does this work and that they cannot do it without the support of the folks in that room.
[Insert perfunctory link to donation page here.]
There you have it: Karen Cooper the smartest of the bunch.
Monday, February 12, 2007
Admires Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Supports legal abortion.
Supports embryonic stem cell research.
If you're a Republican who liked the McGavick campaign, you're going to love the Giuliani campaign.
Friday, February 09, 2007
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Here is the table from 2000 on. (Column 3 is average cost.)
The proportion of all abortions paid for by the taxpayer has risen from 40% about 10 years ago to 55% in 2005. Total abortions for 2006 are not yet released so the percentage change can not yet be calculated.
Here is the data in visual form.
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Let's start with a picture:
This graph represents the revenues of PPWW from 1998 to 2005. This kind of revenue growth does not happen by accident. The number of clients has essentially followed this curve, correlated in large measure to the DSHS "Take Charge" program, which provides free birth control for a year to income-eligible clients, for which PPWW is a provider. This program has essentially enabled PPWW to use the government, and taxpayers' dollars, to serve as a massive marketing boondoggle.
More interesting numbers which paint the picture of PPWW's extraordinary financial health:
- Net assets stand at nearly $36m.
- Profits (not revenue) from the sale of "inventory" (i.e., birth control, perhaps morning-after pills) have skyrocketed from $0 just three years ago to an extraordinary $7m. This is on $2m of merchandise. In other words, they bought $2m of merchandise, and turned around and sold it for $9m, pocketing $7m in pure cash.
- In 2004, PPWW took in almost $30 million for a net profit of $5m, boosting total net worth of $33m.
- In 2005, they took in almost $34m for a net profit of almost $4m, accumulating a total net worth of $36m.
- Not included in the 2004 profit numbers was $4m in unrealized stock market gains alone.
- In their 2005 annual report, the number of pregnancy-related client visits dropped slightly, but the number of abortions performed jumped from 6,200 in 2004, to just over 7,000 in 2005. In other words, they improved their (abortion) sales conversion rate from 17% to 20%.
- PPWW gets about $3m from various levels of government each year.
- They get $5m-$6m in donations annually.
- In 2004, PPWW spent over $1 million on payroll taxes alone.
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Call your legislators and tell them to STRONGLY OPPOSE HB 1855 & SB 5297 - SEX EDUCATION IN SCHOOLS -- 1 (800) 562-6000 or on the web.
Here's the link to Planned Parenthood of Southwest Oregon's "comprehensive sex education" web site for a taste of what our children would be forced to learn if this gets through the legislature.
You can also Google Planned Parenthood's "Teen Wire" site if you really want the hard truth on what's behind these bills.