It was July 18th, 2005, however, that we published our first full length post.
From then on we posted information and commentary, analysis and investigative reporting on the abortion industry and their supporters. We also decided we want to cover pro-life events that were mostly ignored in the MSM. The Seattle Post Intelligencer, the Seattle Times and all three television stations on the west side of the mountains have refused to cover one of the most audacious and news worthy events in the debate over abortion since its legalization -- the Silent No More Awareness Campaign.
We covered it.
Here's more of what we've accomplished in just 3 short years:
- We've had over 16,000 visitors and 24,500 page views since 2005.
- We are the only news source -- blogger, newspaper (online or otherwise) television or radio station -- that reported the details about the financial and professional relationships between Planned Parenthood, Professor Don Downing (UW School of Pharmacy), the
Washington State Pharmacy Assocation, the Washington State Board of Pharmacy and
Barr Laboratories (manufacturer of Plan B) in their ongoing efforts to force
pharmacists to sell their product (Plan B) or lose their job. See also here.
- We are the only news source that has analyzed the finances of various Planned Parenthood affiliates of Washington and given a true accounting of the direct cost to the taxpayers of Washington state.
- We are the only news source to reveal that while Planned Parenthood, Professor Downing and the Washington State Board of Pharmacy were touting the ability of Plan B to reduce the abortion rate, the number of abortions performed by Planned Parenthood had been increasing by 11% a year.
- We got Planned Parenthood of Western Washington to admit that Plan B wasn’t reducing the abortion rate, and to admit that it “didn’t really matter”.
- We are the only news source to reveal the truth behind Planned Parentood's claim that they were closing their Longview clinic due to suspension of the Take Charge Program, when in fact the Take Charge Program had been extended, and in fact Longview kicked them out because of their green and aggressive efforts to push their contraceptive/abortion agenda on the community.
- We've conducted interviews with executives of Planned Parenthood and NARAL and confronted them on their unwillingness to institute any safeguards to ensure women are given full informed consent to abortion without coercion.
- We interviewed the executive director of the abortion trade group NARAL Washington who told us, "abortion is a very hard thing for women emotionally." -- An admission akin to a cigarette company executive admitting that cigarettes are bad for your health.
- We exposed that Planned Parenthood affiliates of Washington State have seen their revenues and profits skyrocket because of the federal government’s Take Charge program, designed to reduce the tax dollars spent by Medicaid on childbirth, but that in fact that number grew by 50%.
- We are one of only seven blogs with a permanent link at Pharmacists for Life International.
- We are contributors to other important Washington state pro-life blogs Life of the Party and The Reagan Wing.
- State legislators have contributed feedback to our posts.
- Human Life of Washington regularly publishes and distributes our articles to their affiliates and list of pro-life activists state wide.
- Our readers come from the Washington state, United States, and around the globe -- including the Vatican. Planned Parenthood employees, NARAL Washington and NARAL national employees, federal and state government officials, pro-lifers, and university and high school students all visit our site.
We are glad that so many of you in the local abortion industry are reading the blog regularly. We continue to invite you to get out of the evil you are doing. For those who are knowingly killing children and scarring women or are addicted to the money, perhaps these words come too late. For the rest of you, who still feel the twinges of conscience, who desperately avoid looking into the eyes of the aborted babies before they are “disposed of”, we invite you to listen to that conscience, to look those babies in the eye.
We also invite you to contact us and let the world know what you saw.
We would remind you of the courage of P. Victor Gonzalez, the former CFO of Planned Parenthood of San Diego, who came clean and is now suing PP Affiliates of California, as a whistleblower under the False Claims Act, for $180 million because they fired him after he refused to go along with the systematic fraudulent billing of Medicaid under the 340B drug discount program. Let’s talk.
The only regrets are the stories we haven't had time to investigate or write up. Alas, we do this in our spare time. (Can you imagine if we got paid for this?)
Keep reading. Keep praying. The best is yet to come.
Blessings to our readers, contributors, friends, and supporters.